Many of our groups and activities are delivered by local community organisations. They have a range of opportunities for parents and grandparents to get involved in giving our children the best start in life by volunteering their time to help out.
For example, local parents and grandparents:
- Support the smooth running of group sessions
- Welcome families on arrival at groups and help them to settle in
- Help less confident parents feel comfortable to come along to groups, so that their children don’t miss out
- Model children’s play activities
- Attend community events to showcase SSBC activities
Training and support is given to every volunteer, making it a fantastic opportunity to gain skills and experience, or just to give something back to your community.
Contact Richard (Bulwell and Aspley areas) or Sonja (St Ann’s and Arboretum areas) if you would like to find out more.
Richard : 07771 348655 or Richard.Owen@groundworknottingham.org.uk
Sonja : 07966 653022 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our activities are delivered by a new paid workforce who are local people with lived experience of parenting. These teams are employed by our delivery partners – you can find out more about job opportunities by visiting their websites: