Who are SSBC volunteers?
Our volunteers are so important to us.
- They are parents from our communities.
- They are passionate about improving access to SSBC services.
- They help us design services that people in our communities want and need
Find out how volunteers have been supporting SSBC
Fathers Voice Consultation Findings
SSBC are proud to have hosted the second of a series of Shared Learning Events.
Read On Nottingham’s Digital Literacy Champions
Lynne Towle, Read On Nottingham's volunteer manager, explains how 'lock-down' has empowered volunteer literacy champions to reach more families!
How can I volunteer for SSBC?
Giving a small amount of time each week will make a big difference to our services and families who use them
There are three main ways to volunteer for SSBC:
- Lend a helping hand at SSBC groups
- Sign up to be an SSBC Parent Ambassador
- Become a Read On Nottingham Literacy Champion
- Use your voice to respond to SSBC surveys and questionnaires.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Meet other local parents
- Access training and gain new skills
- Make a real difference to families in your area
“Before I was a Parent Champion, I was a Parent Ambassador. It's a fantastic way to get involved with your community and acquire new skills. I thoroughly enjoy all my work with SSBC and intend to continue.”
Amanda, Parent Champion for Aspley
Enquire about being a Parent Ambassador
Could you be a Parent Ambassador and help SSBC reach more parents? Help us design services, attend events, review applications for funding, and much more.
There’s no fixed time commitment. We provide all the materials, training and support that you need. For many of the activities, we can provide free crèche places for your little one.
“I became a Parent Ambassador because I wanted to put my view and other people’s views across and change things for the better.”
Natalie, Parent Ambassador for St Ann's
Enquire about volunteering at SSBC groups
Could you lend a helping hand at SSBC groups? Get involved at Story & Rhyme Time, Cook & Play, and much more!
There’s no fixed time commitment. We provide all the materials, training and support that you need.
Keep up to date
Sign up to receive the latest updates